Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mad Skills... :o)

EmJ absolutely loves to learn... It's so fun for us to watch her figuring new things out all the time. She has always loved reading and her favorite thing to learn about is definitely her letters and words, which she calls "A-B." Stinkin' cute! So - she knows her ABCs and she recognizes all her letters - in or out of alphabetical order. I didn't really think this was all that possible at this age, but it's true. I took this first video the other day while she was eating and she just decided to tell me about a few of the letters on her Jayhawk plate. She does this a lot at the grocery store or when she sees letters on tv - she'll just tell you all about the letters she's seeing... she's hilarious!




This video is of EmJ counting from 1-10. She loves to count, especially if she sees me pushing the numbers on my phone -which is what we're doing here. She also really loves to count in Spanish - I'll try to get that on video soon cause it's so funny! Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, gosh, she is so smart and so stinkin' cute!!!!!! My niece is 4 and is just getting the recognizing letters thing..... :-O You can just see the wheels turning in EmJ's little brain!

-Kelly

The Malloy Family said...

Jackson does the exact same thing!!! Even down to the rushing the number 9 just to get to 10 (he gets real excited about 10!). Just wait until you hear her singing the alphabet song to herself...I swear I swoon everytime its just so adorable! Also, you should get the Fridge Phonics thing for the fridge. Next thing you know, it'll be reading!!
Man, if I do say so myself, our kids are smart. Maybe its just because their mommas are teachers!! :)

The Malloy Family said...

I just said, "it'll be reading!"
Yeah, just so you know, I don't think EmJ is an 'it'.
Stupid typos.
And so much for the smart teacher mamma comment... :)

Anonymous said...

Great job parents and exceedingly bright granddaughter!!!

The Oakes said...

the counting video is now ellis' favorite video to watch. he says "i wanna see EmJ say one two three."

Anonymous said...

Camdyn loves to count as well. She always skips ten and jumps right to twelve. So we have to bring her back to ten and then she can make it 14...I love it. Makes me laugh every time! Watchign them learn new things is so much fun!