Friday, September 01, 2006

3 months... you betta believe it!

That's right... she's 3 months old now! Sheesh... I can't believe how fast it all goes! Everyone tells you that time just flies, but you never understand it until you have a little one who changes so incredibly much. EmJ is an absolute joy in our lives. She loves to smile and talk, talk, talk. Her new favorite thing is to "sing" along when we sing to her. I'll sing to her and she'll just stare at me and ooo and coo along. It's one of my favorite things too!

My mom always said that once babies hit 3 months they really start to hit a bunch of milestones... which definitely seems to be the case for EmJ already. She r
ecently discovered that she can bring her hands together - so cute how the most random things can be so great for us parents! She is also smacking at and playing with toys held in front of her face. It seems like every single day she does it even more! She's also starting to love sucking on her fists, which just makes me laugh cause let me tell you, it's not a quiet sort of new hobby. :o)

EmJ recently had her first full days away from mom. I'm sure it was much harder for me than it was for her!! I'm working (I do get to teach... yea!!!) just 2 days a week, so she gets to hang out with her Auntie Amy (and cousins Janae and Jonah) one day and her Nana (and Papa) the other day. She did great both days (such a good thing to hear) and Amy and my mom loved having her. I think Jonah loved having her too! He just adores her - he was making up songs the other day and Amy told me she was laughing and smiling. They definitely love each other... too cute!

For those of you wondering... EmJ has been laughing more and more! She hasn't quite repeated the first belly laugh (at least not the the extent it was that first time), but she sure does like to giggle. The funniest part to me is that when we do crazy things to try to make her laugh she just looks at us like we're, well, crazy. Ha! It's the random silly little things we do that seem to get the laughter. She's so funny!

EmJ is getting quite the little personality now and it's so fun to watch! As I've said before, she's pretty stubborn... but lo
ok at her parents - we had no chance! :o) She likes to talk and sing and just be with people she loves. She also loves to ham it up for people - especially strangers. And boy, do people love her! Well, just look at her... who wouldn't love this girl?!

Being parents has been such an amazing thing for Jeff and me both. EmJ is a fabulous blessing in our lives... it's something we never could have imagined. It's so crazy to me that she's only been here 3 months... I can't really remember life without her! I just adore this picture of EmJ and her daddy... my 2 favorite people... we are so blessed.

No comments: