Tuesday, August 22, 2006

the best medicine...

Laughter, of course!!! EmJ laughed... and I'm not kidding, people... truly LAUGHED about a week ago. This was no chuckle, my friends, this was a full-blown belly laugh! And what provoked this hysteria from our little one, you ask? Well, let me tell you...

It was bath time, one of EmJ's favorite times, and we were all just having fun. Jeff (or should I say Daddy?) decided to get out the rubber duckies we have. Someone had given us a ducky family, if you will, with 2 small ducks and 1 big pirate duck. I don't remember who (sorry!), but we love them! Anyway, Jeff gets the ducks out and takes a small one and squeezes it to get some water in it. He squirts the water out on EmJ and then "the duck" quacks at her. Super bath time fun... she gets a huge grin and then... out it comes! A LAUGH!!! Jeff and I look at each other (and high five!) and he does it again. We sit on the edge of our seats, hoping, hoping, hoping she does it again... and she DOES! She smiled and then laughed! Real belly laughter coming from our fabulous little girl! This went on for probably 5 minutes. Jeff and I were laughing along with her (how could we not?!) and I honestly had tears rolling down my face from laug
hing so hard. I told Jeff to just keep making her laugh while I went to get the video camera. I ran as fast as I could down the stairs and back up with the camera. She laughed a little once it was on, but of course wouldn't allow the hilarious belly-laugh to be heard on camera! We were glad to get a little of it on tape, but it doesn't do the laughter justice.

And of course, here we are over a week later and has she laughed that hard again? Of course not. I think she enjoys watching us make complete fools of ourselves doing any and everything we can think of to make her laugh. Oh, she'll amuse us once in a while and giggle a little, but no, no no... none of that cracking up! I'm sure she'll do it again soon... we are funny, I promise! :o)

2 comments:

The Malloy Family said...

Oh, the silly things you do for those little laughs! Jackson is just now starting to do it on a regular basis...oh boy, are they so much fun!

AB said...

You are funny - looking!
(Ha, LOL) Sorry, I reverted back to my childhood.