Tuesday, September 26, 2006

14 pounds 15 ounces... 24.5 inches... 4 MONTHS!!!

That's right... our fabulous EmJ is now 4 months old! On one hand, I can't believe she's 4 months already - time really does fly. And on the other hand, I can't believe she's only been here 4 months cause I don't reallly remember life without her!!! :o)

EmJ is the most wonderful baby and she just doesn't ever cease to amaze us, make us laugh, or make us smile from ear to ear. She's getting so big! We went to the doctor yesterday and she's 14 pounds, 15 ounces and 24.5 inches long. She gets more beautiful every single day and we just can't get enough! EmJ is at such a great age right now... she is all smiles, giggles, coos, and laughs. Her laughter is becoming more of a regular thing and I think it's my most favorite part of being a mom... hearing that hilarious belly laugh. She has discovered herself in the mirro
r and of course she thinks she is the most gorgeous baby there is! She loves looking at herself and "whole-body smiling" at that super cute baby in the mirror!

Jeff just couldn't get enough of EmJ when she was wearing her little pink beanie. This "ooo" face is one of her favorite faces to make right now. I know we're biased over here - but she is down right ADORABLE! She is getting very close to rolling over from her back to her tummy. She gets herself up on her side pretty well so it won't be long. She is constantly grabbing at toys and trying to bring them to her mouth. It's so fun to watch because every day I see her hand-eye coordination get better and better. She's also become a fantastic sleeper! She sleeps through the night like a pro (thanks to some help from a book by Dr. Ferber!) and I am definitely glad for the sleep!

For those of you wondering about Jeff and Maren... Jeff just got a super promotion and he's now the IT Manager. It's pretty great! I (Maren, silly) am teaching just 2 days a week for a home-school program. I love that I get to teach and EmJ gets to hang out with her auntie and nana, so I don't have to worry at all. Maverick (our cat) is also doing well - adjusting to EmJ and all that. She's just starting to notice him, so that's pretty fun. Things are amazing for the Miller family... we just couldn't be happier!

Stay tuned... EmJ should be starting rice cereal soon, so I'm sure we'll have a messy-faced EmJ blog very soon! :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! New EmJ pictures and blog...she is getting so big and so cute. I can't believe I haven't even met her yet and she's already four months old...I guess I'll have to see her when we come to CO in December...looks like she loves to smile! I love it!

AB said...

I was only 1 ounce off.
I should win a prize or something - hey I like sushi, maybe you could take me out to lunch...

Oh yes - EmJ is cute too!

The Malloy Family said...

I can't beleive how big she is...she is a full pound heavier than Jackson at that age! She is growing fast!
It goes by so crazy fast...rice cereal! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Maren....I absolutely love this Blog thing...it's like having my own photo album of all of EmJ's doings. I love the "oooo" picture...it's my favorite. And you are right, she is beautiful.