Sunday, September 26, 2010

fall is here!

EmJ, Luke, and I went on a walk the other day because it was so gorgeous outside! Fall is clearly here! Well, sort of... it was like 89 degrees today. That's Colorado for you!
However, on the day we took our walk it was in the upper 70s and just awesome. I told EmJ she could bring a bag and collect some stuff so we could make something with it at home... she was excited about that- to say the least!

Here she is looking for some stuff
(this was at the beginning and I think she had like 37 rocks already...)


Pretty sure she's trying to decide between some leaves or something


I had to include this picture... my sad attempt at a picture of the kids together. To be fair, EmJ was too excited about picking things up to stop and take a picture (hence the annoyed look) and Luke was just sleepy enough that he did not want the stoller to stop moving. At all! Ha! :o)


Mr. Grasshopper
Um, is it the year of the grasshopper or is it just me? These things are everywhere. And I think this is gross, but Jeff and EmJ thought it was a cool picture so here you go. ;)


She did stop and smile for me before we left :o)


And Luke laughed for me too


This was just taken tonight before bed because I kept forgetting to get a picture. Here's the fun nature collage we made after our walk with some of the stuff EmJ collected.
:o)
We're all pretty excited for fall to be here!

3 comments:

The Oakes said...

cool nature creation! I'm with you, there are grasshoppers everywhere!!

Melissa said...

I always liked grasshoppers. I still help the kids catch them. That's a great picture of one :-) The butterfly pavillion does photo contests sometimes, you should enter one! I've got a grasshopper picture and a praying mantis picture for the next one.

The Shellabys said...

Love it! Every time we walk Ireland to school Chloe come home with about 5 different leaves... we are collecting them for a "fall creation" (Ireland's words). I love the picture you tired to get of them together! So funny! EmJ's face is classic!